1. CacheSense now includes Munzees! With support from the team at Munzee.com we have added a new Munzee layer on the map which works in both Live and Offline modes.
Tapping on a Munzee opens a detail card and from here you can navigate using any of the standard navigation tools, tap the “Capture” icon to open the official Munzee app to capture it or tap the detail card to open full details including Journal entries.
New options on the Filter dialog allow you to hide owned and/or captured Munzees,
use the Tools | Refresh option to refresh the captured status while in the field.
The Profile screen now includes a Munzees page which lists captured and owned Munzees. This list is automatically updated every 12 hours or hit the refresh icon at any time.
Enter your Munzee username under Settings | Munzee Preferences to enable these features.Databases
1. Added Tools | Export GPX and Tools | Export to Cloud context options to Databases screen, removed the “Export” page.
Export to Cloud allows you to send any database to Dropbox and you can then import the database onto another device or load caches into it with the new desktop utility and import it back. CacheSense automatically compresses databases (.dbz) to save bandwidth.
This feature is especially useful when you have multiple devices (eg. a phone and a tablet). Tap the help icon on the Databases screen for more info.
2. The Databases list now includes the Profile and Live databases with clear and export options. The Profile database holds all user-generated data such as field notes, user waypoints, photo information and trackable logs. The Live database is a store for data that is downloaded from Geocaching Live on the map, nearest caches, search results etc.
3. The Import screen now supports database import from the SD Card, external storage or Dropbox (.db and .dbz files).
4. You can now download a free companion Windows app, “CacheSense Desktop” from http://www.cachesense.com/download/Cach ... esktop.exe
this utility allows you to import multiple GPX/ZIP files to a new or existing CacheSense database, it is capable of importing 1000s of caches in a few seconds and supports various GSAK attributes including DNF flag, corrected coordinates and favorite points. Supports Drag & Drop for multiple GPX/ZIP files and CacheSense databases (.db or .dbz), you can also import an entire folder of GPX/ZIP files.
For instance you can export a database to dropbox (“Export to Cloud”) then drag it from your Windows Dropbox folder onto the Desktop app, load a large GPX from GSAK then copy the database back via the CacheSense “Databases | Import” screen.Maps
1. New Munzee Layer (see above)
2. Geocaches and Waypoints are now layers (this replaces the “Show waypoints” filter).
3. Smart names are now a layer, you can now manually can turn these on or off at any zoom level.
4. Smart name trigger levels, Map Settings | Advanced Settings now includes options to set the zoom levels for auto smart names.
5. Follow mode is now switched off when searching for an address on the map.
6. Added “Address Search” option to map “Tools” menu.
7. Fixed bug causing Compass/Radar to occasionally fail with a white screen when selecting Navigate from the map screen for “Live API” items.Miscellaneous
1. German Translation!
2. Radar values now update correctly, there was an issue with the Radar which caused the text values (distance etc) to stop updating.
3. Brightened all toolbar icons for better outdoor visibility.
4. Fixed bug where field note text was lost on orientation change or when interrupted by another app or phone call/txt message.
5. Selecting “Radar” from a navigate menu now opens the radar page rather than the compass.
6. Changed the smoothing algorithm on the compass (currently developing an entirely new compass and radar).
7. Fixed 45 degree compass offset on tablets.
8. Compass now has a “Tools” menu where you can enable/disable the magnetic compass at speeds below 5kph.
9. Radar now has a Tools” menu allowing you to enable/disable rotation and the magnetic compass. Adjusted display to use same font sizes as compass.
10. Can now multi-select on search results screens, fixed context options.