Version 2.6

CacheSense for Android

Version 2.6

Postby Bruce » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 am

Bookmark Lists

Added support for Bookmark Lists, there is a new page on the Profile screen that shows your bookmark lists, there are options to copy/save lists caches to a database and export them to GPX. Tapping a list will open it to display the list of caches, from here you can view details, copy/save/export etc.

You can add caches to a bookmark list via the context Tools menu on any cache list page and the cache details screen Tools menu.

Nearest Caches, Search Options, Map and Radar settings now support multiple ignore lists.

NOTE: The Geocaching Live API currently does not support the standard “Watchlist” and does not allow you to remove caches from a bookmark list (this must done via the website).

Favorite Points

Added new favorite points features, you can now add or remove favorite points via context Tools menu on any cache list screen and the cache details page. There is a new Favorites page on the Profile screen which displays all the caches you have favorited.

Miscellaneous

1. Added Potential FTF filter, this is a new option under the Logs and Trackables filter, allows you to create a filter which only shows caches that have not been found.

2. Removed redundant compass/radar options from Compass/Radar screens.

3. Fixed problems with Trackable details not showing current goal and refresh problems.

4. Fixed issue where missing sort index caused blank list when opening databases and some import operations did not update sort index correctly.

5. CacheSense now handles folders in zip files correctly when importing caches.

6. Fixed issue where changing orientation in field note and trackable log screens would lose changes.

7. Fixed problem with Refresh | Refresh Details, some caches with changes such as corrected coordinates were being ignored due to modify date issues.

8. Fixed refresh issues on cache waypoints page.

9. Fixed refresh issues on cache logs page, now updates instantly after publishing a field note.

10. Cache detail page now updates correctly after creating a field note.

11. Fixed bug causing the POP3 server test to fail on Android 4.x.

12. Fixed crash when opening cache from POP3 notification.

13. Fixed Manual Coordinate search.
Bruce

Re: Version 2.6

Postby Ruru_nz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am

Hi Bruce,

Cache Sense going nicely, but have some requests - hopefully not in the "too hard" basket.
Not sure if this is the "right" place for this, but guess someone will move it if not.

1. I'm still weaning myself off the external radar that I like (am used to) and on onto the Cache Sense one. I've noticed that sometimes my battery goes down really fast, and sometimes lasts for a while. When I exit cache sense it still shows in the list of running applications, and though this was the problem until I happened to hit the button that shows what the battery was used by - and it wasn't Cache Sense. It was that external GPS app (in my case GPS Status). Is it possible to close this with Cache Sense, or should I just go cold turkey and get used to the new one :D , or remember to force close it periodically

2. Regardless of if I select Radar or Compass, I get the compass screen and have to side swipe to Radar. Don't think it was doing this when I first started using it.

3. Owned caches - if the cache is owned by you, is there any change of it showing with automatically corrected coords to the final? Went to to maintenance on one of mine that was reported missing today, couldn't remember which of two possible locations it was, and only had access to the published co-ords.

4. Any change of having the map auto-rotate so the direction you are travelling is at the top rather than North?

5. Does/Can CacheSense store the maps? If so, how do I get it to do this? I'm trying to reduce battery usage (in this case by reducing data download) in prep for Mega where charging could be interesting ...

Think those pesky caches that show up even if found have gone (here's hoping!)

Thanks in anticipation

Diane
Ruru_nz

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:41 am

Hi Diane,

1. I'm still weaning myself off the external radar that I like (am used to) and on onto the Cache Sense one. I've noticed that sometimes my battery goes down really fast, and sometimes lasts for a while. When I exit cache sense it still shows in the list of running applications, and though this was the problem until I happened to hit the button that shows what the battery was used by - and it wasn't Cache Sense. It was that external GPS app (in my case GPS Status). Is it possible to close this with Cache Sense, or should I just go cold turkey and get used to the new one , or remember to force close it periodically

CacheSense is not able to force-close GPS Status, but on my phone it exits fully? The GPS in general uses a lot of battery so even using the CS Radar you may not save much. CacheSense does keep a service alive , however this is always "sleeping" unless you've started a long background task like a tile download or PQ import.

2. Regardless of if I select Radar or Compass, I get the compass screen and have to side swipe to Radar. Don't think it was doing this when I first started using it.

This is fixed in the next update.

3. Owned caches - if the cache is owned by you, is there any change of it showing with automatically corrected coords to the final? Went to to maintenance on one of mine that was reported missing today, couldn't remember which of two possible locations it was, and only had access to the published co-ords.

I'll have a look at this..

4. Any change of having the map auto-rotate so the direction you are travelling is at the top rather than North?

Yes, I've been thinking about this, I can rotate the maps but not the labels so travelling south the labels would be upside down! Haven't decided whether this is a bigger problem than travelling backwards on the map ;)

5. Does/Can CacheSense store the maps? If so, how do I get it to do this? I'm trying to reduce battery usage (in this case by reducing data download) in prep for Mega where charging could be interesting ...

Google Maps is not available offline (yet, since the Google Maps app now supports offline maps I assume it is coming for the API). The Mapsforge maps all support offline use, CacheSense automatically saves all downloaded tiles plus you can download map sections for offline use, you can also use fully offline maps like this map of New Zealand (unzip it to your SD Card, select "Mapsforge Maps File" as your map source). I'll refresh this map before the mega :)

Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce

AW: Version 2.6

Postby Lemmi1de » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:57 am

Will you possible add a link to other navigation apps like navigon or so? I just asked for it in the forum.

This could be good for offline caching.

Please don't forget.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire HD A9191 mit Tapatalk 2
Lemmi1de

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 am

Yes, I'm happy to add support for any app that exports a public Intent (ie there needs to be a mechanism to pass coordinates to it).
Bruce

Postby jonny-blue » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:57 pm

+1 ... That would be very helpful while driving 8-)
Galaxy S5 - Android 4.4.4
jonny-blue

Postby Bruce » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Even with the rotated labels?
Bruce

Postby jonny-blue » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:21 am

What labels do you mean?
The smartnames or the contents of the map, e.g. city names?

I just see that I use a hiking app where this choice exists 8-) (but haven't tried it :? ) ... and I'll test it in practice to know whether it's really a good feature.

Cheers
Galaxy S5 - Android 4.4.4
jonny-blue

Postby Bruce » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:51 am

the map labels (place names), this may not be an issue with Google Maps on ICS+ (I'll know more soon) but with tile-based maps like most of the mapsforge sources the tiles are simply pre-rendered images with north at the top so rotating them also rotates the text.
Bruce

Postby hairball45 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm

I've owned a couple of Garmins that default to Track Up. One of the first things I did was change settings to North Up, the normal way I think of maps. The rotation confuses this old guy.
hairball45

Next

Return to Android