1. Added “HUD” (Head-Up Display) to map, shows distance and direction to the current target cache, you can enable/disable, customize the compass behavior and foreground/background colors and transparency via Settings | Map Settings | HUD Settings.
2. Removed the old map popups, when zoomed in the map automatically displays “smart name” labels for caches.
When tapping a cache or waypoint you now get a more detailed popup, this includes recent logs with an color key denoting age (green → yellow --> red) where red is 60 days or older. The map also enters context mode but without setting the item as target, there is a new “target” icon to do this. Tap the popup to open the details screen (or waypoint editor). You can close the popup by swiping it away (in any direction), tapping the map or the back key.
Long pressing an item enters context mode, and sets the item as target without displaying the popup.
3. Added “Select Databases” option to Map Tools menu, this allows you to specify which databases to search for the map view, choices include “system/live.db” which is the live cache database. The active database is always selected by default.
4. Fixed long standing bug where map would stop moving and the “accuracy” circle on the position indicator would expand.
5. Improved accuracy of saturation circles on Google Maps, also partial saturation circles from offscreen caches are now shown.
6. Fixed issue where a target waypoint would disappear from the map (eg. on orientation change) if the “Show Waypoints” filter was not enabled.. target items now override filter settings.
7. Fixed issue where map would continue to show found caches when the “Show found” filter option was disabled, also issue where cache coordinates were corrected and the map showed the cache at both old and new positions.
8. Map filter dialog now scrolls in landscape mode.
9. When creating a user waypoint by long-pressing the map, the waypoint is now set as the map target, also, editing a user waypoint’s coordinates now updates the map correctly.
10. Fixed issue where “Clear target” option under tools menu was missing when a target cache/waypoint has been selected.
11. Now remembers last map file for the mapsforge and sqlite map sources and switches automatically.
12. Fixed issue where gray “Pending” icon displayed on map after log has been published.
13. “Disable Follow on Pan” feature now triggers only when panning more than 10% of the screen width, removed “Follow Mode Off” popup.
14. Target cache on map is now cleared when creating a Found/DNF log.
1. Added address searching, you can now search for an address or place name in a 500km radius, on the map screen, long press and tap the new “geocode” icon (globe with magnifying glass), enter a search term and CS will display the top 5 matches within a 500km radius (sorted by distance), select the desired result and map will pan there.
From the normal search function, select “Near Address” and CS will search for matches within a 500 km radius from your last known location (or home location if CS has no recent location data), select the desired result and CS will search for caches from that location.
1. Added new settings to control when CS adds caches to the active database, under General Preferences there is an option to determine if CS will save a cache to the active database when opening the details view (always, never or prompt). The Nearest Cache and Search Options have a new setting “Save Live API Results to” which allows you save caches pulled from the Live API in either the active database or the “Live API Cache” database.
1. Fixed issue where field notes which have exceeded the maximum retries when publishing cannot be manually published.
2. Fixed bug where image thumbnails were not shown on various screens.
3. Implemented delete function from cache details screen.
4.Search results screen is now fully functional with the same context actions as the other cache lists screen and support for multiple selection.
5. GPX import function no longer deletes GPX/ZIP file after import.