Version 2.5

CacheSense for Android

Version 2.5

Postby Bruce » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Maps

1. Added “HUD” (Head-Up Display) to map, shows distance and direction to the current target cache, you can enable/disable, customize the compass behavior and foreground/background colors and transparency via Settings | Map Settings | HUD Settings.

2. Removed the old map popups, when zoomed in the map automatically displays “smart name” labels for caches.

When tapping a cache or waypoint you now get a more detailed popup, this includes recent logs with an color key denoting age (green → yellow --> red) where red is 60 days or older. The map also enters context mode but without setting the item as target, there is a new “target” icon to do this. Tap the popup to open the details screen (or waypoint editor). You can close the popup by swiping it away (in any direction), tapping the map or the back key.

Long pressing an item enters context mode, and sets the item as target without displaying the popup.

3. Added “Select Databases” option to Map Tools menu, this allows you to specify which databases to search for the map view, choices include “system/live.db” which is the live cache database. The active database is always selected by default.

4. Fixed long standing bug where map would stop moving and the “accuracy” circle on the position indicator would expand.

5. Improved accuracy of saturation circles on Google Maps, also partial saturation circles from offscreen caches are now shown.

6. Fixed issue where a target waypoint would disappear from the map (eg. on orientation change) if the “Show Waypoints” filter was not enabled.. target items now override filter settings.

7. Fixed issue where map would continue to show found caches when the “Show found” filter option was disabled, also issue where cache coordinates were corrected and the map showed the cache at both old and new positions.

8. Map filter dialog now scrolls in landscape mode.

9. When creating a user waypoint by long-pressing the map, the waypoint is now set as the map target, also, editing a user waypoint’s coordinates now updates the map correctly.

10. Fixed issue where “Clear target” option under tools menu was missing when a target cache/waypoint has been selected.

11. Now remembers last map file for the mapsforge and sqlite map sources and switches automatically.

12. Fixed issue where gray “Pending” icon displayed on map after log has been published.

13. “Disable Follow on Pan” feature now triggers only when panning more than 10% of the screen width, removed “Follow Mode Off” popup.

14. Target cache on map is now cleared when creating a Found/DNF log.

Geocoding

1. Added address searching, you can now search for an address or place name in a 500km radius, on the map screen, long press and tap the new “geocode” icon (globe with magnifying glass), enter a search term and CS will display the top 5 matches within a 500km radius (sorted by distance), select the desired result and map will pan there.

From the normal search function, select “Near Address” and CS will search for matches within a 500 km radius from your last known location (or home location if CS has no recent location data), select the desired result and CS will search for caches from that location.

Databases

1. Added new settings to control when CS adds caches to the active database, under General Preferences there is an option to determine if CS will save a cache to the active database when opening the details view (always, never or prompt). The Nearest Cache and Search Options have a new setting “Save Live API Results to” which allows you save caches pulled from the Live API in either the active database or the “Live API Cache” database.

Miscellaneous

1. Fixed issue where field notes which have exceeded the maximum retries when publishing cannot be manually published.

2. Fixed bug where image thumbnails were not shown on various screens.

3. Implemented delete function from cache details screen.

4.Search results screen is now fully functional with the same context actions as the other cache lists screen and support for multiple selection.

5. GPX import function no longer deletes GPX/ZIP file after import.
Bruce

Re: Version 2.5

Postby RebelGTP » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 pm

So far this version is working stellar. I even nabbed an FTF with only minor issues today.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
I use CacheSense on a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Jellybean 4.3
I use CacheSense on an HTC Evo Design 4G running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 (This phone is currently partially inactive)

Geocaching is like Pokemon, Gotta Find them all!
ImageImage
RebelGTP

Postby DeathGrowl » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Works and looks great. Awesome job Bruce!
DeathGrowl

Postby esquimaux » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:22 am

On the Caches page, hit Find (magnifying glass). When entering a gc code (I was using GC1PN99), if I long press for a number I get the letter first, then the number (I got GCQ1PNO9O9).
dennis / esquimaux (that's 'eskimo' to you)
HTC Thunderbolt 2.3.4 / Garmin Vista Cx / Apple OS X 10.7.4
esquimaux

Postby esquimaux » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:38 am

esquimaux wrote:On the Caches page, hit Find (magnifying glass). When entering a gc code (I was using GC1PN99), if I long press for a number I get the letter first, then the number (I got GCQ1PNO9O9).

Additionally, when I did an online search for this cache, it loaded and I checked for the Child Waypoint, but there wasn't one showing. I hit Refresh and still nothing. Then I hit add, then cancelled my add, and when I returned to the waypoint screen the Child was there.
esquimaux

Postby esquimaux » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:53 am

Solved a puzzle cache on gc.com. Cache was already in my CS database, so I opened the cache page and refreshed - corrected coords and padlock showed up. Arrowed back to Caches page and padlock not showing on cache icon. Swipe away and back, still not showing. Arrow back to home screen then went to Geocaches page, scrolled down to affected cache and padlock is now there.
esquimaux

Postby Bruce » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:30 am

When entering a gc code (I was using GC1PN99), if I long press for a number I get the letter first, then the number (I got GCQ1PNO9O9).

Can't repeat this.. something "special" about your phone? :mrgreen:

I hit Refresh and still nothing.

I'm aware of the refresh issues (issue 119)
Bruce

Postby esquimaux » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:42 am

Bruce wrote:
When entering a gc code (I was using GC1PN99), if I long press for a number I get the letter first, then the number (I got GCQ1PNO9O9).

Can't repeat this.. something "special" about your phone? :mrgreen:

I was able to repeat it at the time. I have backed completely out of CS and now it's working fine. :noidea:
esquimaux

Postby Ruru_nz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 am

Hi,

A couple of oddities since the last release (I don't think they were happening before then):

1. When entering logs if the orientation changes for any reason (landscape <=> portrait) then I loose what I've entered so far. As I had been bravely entering the logs while walking back to the car the phone does get bumped a bit sometimes and then it's all gone.

2. Went to get a solved cache this afternoon - initially the corrected coords did not show up in the listing (odd, this was one I've had trouble finding so know there have been in there), then when they did the radar gave me directions to the original location, not the actual ones. I was using the external radar, so not sure it that makes any difference though looking now both radars show the same distance, but not sure if that would be the corrected or uncorrected ones.

Overall, like the changes. Am I right in thinking the coloured bars underneath the smilies on the new summary box is related to how long ago the log was made?

BTW - still having issues with found caches showing when I have selected them not to (and they aren't in the selected db)

Also - the mini unlock icon is a solved unfound cache, smilies are obvious, but what is the head and shoulders icon please? (and I don't seem to get and unlocked AND an DNF at the same time - should I?)

Thanks

BTW : Android 2.3.6 running on Motorola Defy Plus (MB526)
Ruru_nz

Postby beltfamily » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:37 am

Ruru_nz wrote:Hi,

A couple of oddities since the last release (I don't think they were happening before then):

1. When entering logs if the orientation changes for any reason (landscape <=> portrait) then I loose what I've entered so far. As I had been bravely entering the logs while walking back to the car the phone does get bumped a bit sometimes and then it's all gone.

Fixed in the next release

2. Went to get a solved cache this afternoon - initially the corrected coords did not show up in the listing (odd, this was one I've had trouble finding so know there have been in there), then when they did the radar gave me directions to the original location, not the actual ones. I was using the external radar, so not sure it that makes any difference though looking now both radars show the same distance, but not sure if that would be the corrected or uncorrected ones.

I've seen this bug too, but I can't quite come up with a way of repeating it intentionally so Bruce can fix it. If you can figure out a way, please share.

Overall, like the changes. Am I right in thinking the coloured bars underneath the smilies on the new summary box is related to how long ago the log was made?

Check out the FAQ section.

Especially this one.

BTW - still having issues with found caches showing when I have selected them not to (and they aren't in the selected db)

The next release has addressed a lot of those. I'd like to think they're all gone...

Also - the mini unlock icon is a solved unfound cache, smilies are obvious, but what is the head and shoulders icon please? (and I don't seem to get and unlocked AND an DNF at the same time - should I?)

Members only cache.
beltfamily

Return to Android